COLOURFULWORLD

Tuesday 9 December 2014

Christmas fun in Leederville

Leederville, a suburb just north of Perth's city centre was on Sunday 7th December alive with the annual Christmas Carnival.
For the first time I attended this huge Christmas fair where 70,000 visitors were expected, and I was really impressed at the enormous amount of tents set up in the main closed off streets of Leederville.


The rows of food tents along one of the streets











There were 250 stalls selling from take-away food to arts and crafts, vintage and recycled goods, gourmet food, and stalls selling Christmas goodies. 

There were 8 stages through the venue with different types of entertainment, chefs had cooking demonstrations, camel rides for kids, a funfair for kids too, artists painting walls....



This Space Man made some weird sounds - space age music maybe?

Father Christmas on his bike rode around the fair
A Gym bus for the kids

Camel riding for the kids






































We had a very tasty Spanish Paella

You could also cycle for your fresh fruit juice...


































Friends of ours had a stall selling Cork products from Portugal - "Corker" , with handbags, hats, iphone cases, wallets, etc., a unique product in Australia.









At 8pm, they had about 5 minutes of fireworks and then the streets Christmas lights were lit up. It was time to catch the train back home. (The Leederville train station was a 5 min walk away)


Photo: >> Well that's the  Light Up Leederville Carnival done for another year! We hope you all had a great time! Photo by @jhbarker
Christmas lights lit up in the streets of Leederville

I had a lot of fun going to the Christmas fair, and hopefully next year I'll be able to go again.

In my next post I will post a few photos of some new murals I came across at the fair.

Almost two weeks to Christmas and I'm still so behind with my preparations... Hope your Christmas preparations are coming along well. 


8 comments:

  1. That sure looks like a lot of (yummy) fun! Great is also that Father Christmas is wearing a helmet! Still way too many people without helmets over here...
    And the last pic is just beautiful! Love this time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helmets are compulsory over here! Actually there was a tent at the Christmas market selling beautiful covers for helmets...

      Delete
  2. Oh you have such interesting things happening in your neck of the woods. That paella looks awesome. I have lots of baking planned for this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The paella was wonderful with lots of prawns and chicken Gill. I have yet to bake my Christmas cake...

      Delete
  3. Looks like it was a lot of fun Sami, Once again I missed it so am very happy to see your shots here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace, there is so much on every weekend, that it's hard to keep up. I would have liked to see the Christmas Pageant on Saturday 6th, but with our garden renovations it was impossible to waste so many hours...

      Delete
  4. Rejected these buns, from his pocket his Ted Baker Outlet uk money. ted baker dresses sale cheap, picked up ted baker dresses sale the money should give people, I do not want you to use the ted baker dresses sale money to buy buns. Haha, I amuse you. As a morality, culture, thinking of a new era of excellence teenager, cheap ted baker dresses I have been to ted baker dresses sale return money, helpfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic photographs! I have heard a lot about these Christmas events in New York. I never got chance to visit NYC on Christmas. Anyways, I am very glad that you shared these photographs with us!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.