COLOURFULWORLD

Thursday 8 September 2016

Movie Night with Miss Jones

Every Saturday I buy the weekend newspaper "The Weekend West". I get hundreds of pages to read as well as the TV magazine for the week, and once in a while I even remember to enter some of the competitions, and I've won 3 or 4 too!

This Saturday I entered 3 of the competitions online, and on Monday I got a phone call to say I had won 2 tickets to the preview of "Bridget Jones's Baby".



So yesterday (Wednesday), my husband and I went to the movies. I met up with him after work, collected the tickets from the Box office and we still had time to have a bite to eat at an Italian restaurant in the Cinema complex before the 7 pm start.

I had seen the previous two Bridget Jones movies - Bridget Jones Diary and Bridget Jones - the Edge of Reason and enjoyed them.

Both movies were actually shown on TV last week and today as a refresher for the new one I presume, but I found "Bridget Jones's Baby" a lot funnier. 
I laughed from beginning to end (I do have a good sense of humour, so that could be expected) but I wasn't the only one!

Twelve years later, the upper class English gentleman Mark Darcy played by Colin Firth, and the other man in Bridget's life, Jack Qwant (Dr McDreamy no less from Gray's Anatomy), the sexy Patrick Dempsey battle to win Bridget's heart and the right to father her son.
The actor Hugh Grant doesn't feature in this movie.




Thanks to the "Weekend West" and to "Two Pommie Sheilas" for the tickets.


13 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had big fun (and Italian food, yum, we´re about to try a new place with a shared Pizza)!
    I have to admit I haven´t seen one of the movies, though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly was a different night in the middle of the week.

      Delete
  2. What a fun middle of the week outing you must have had and enjoyed. I've HEARD of the first Bridget Jones movie, but not the second one mentioned. I've seen a few ads for this latest one, but McDreamy caught me by surprise, since he looks NOTHING like I remember him looking.

    Congrats on your win, and I am glad you enjoyed the movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Elizabeth, McDreamy is not so dreamy, he's grown old...still he's not too bad looking. Thanks and have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to see this movie and even better to win tickets - what fun!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always great to win something, I would have preferred the Lotto, but...I don't play either, so I can't win!
      Have a lovely weekend Wren.

      Delete
  4. How cool to have won the tickets! Have you won anything else useful? Or funny?
    I also want to see the movie, specially now after reading what you thought about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara. I have won movie tickets (I think this was my third or fourth time), music CD's, beauty products and the biggest win was a trip to Turkey for 2 when we lived in Germany!
      Have a lovely weekend.

      Delete
    2. Wow!!! Maybe I should start trying... Have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. A good movie for the weekend Marianne. Have a lovely weekend.

      Delete
  6. I'm looking forward to seeing it Sami.. especially after that review 😊 Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace, enjoy it and have a wonderful weekend too.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.